Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Starting With a Clean Slate...Happy New Year!




Mariah Carey's closet. A little too perfect for me, but love the pink chair and gold stars in the floor!





I will take this one!


I don't know about you, but something about a new year makes me want to clean out closets, drawers and work on getting organized. I guess it is my way of trying to get ready for the new year with a clean slate (or should I say "cleaner" slate)! Yesterday, I cleaned out my closet and the refrigerator all in one day...trust me, this isn't normal behavior!

The New Year bug has definitely set in and I am having a hard time not ripping down the Christmas tree and decorations. (We have an open house on New Year's Day so I decided to keep them up until then.) In the current issue of House Beautiful, there is an interesting article titled "Closet Cleanse" by Julie Morgenstern, the gBulleted Listuru of putting lives in order (so the magazine claims). If you ask me, the whole article is a little too spiritual... If closet cleaning can do everything she claims, we wouldn't need shrinks, now would we!


THE TOSS LIST:

  • Clothes that don't fit, and will be out of style by the time you hope they fit again. Give them away! Easier said than done...

  • Clothes that are stained, torn or have lost them shape. Toss 'em! Easy

  • Shoes that hurt your feet. If you've never worn them, give them away. Otherwise, throw them out! Not so easy...you just never know when the pain might be WORTH it!

  • Outdated handbags, belts, scarves. Donate them! Sort of easy...they JUST might come back in style someday???

    I have to go get ready for company and the new year's festivities! I hope to post pictures later this weekend. I will leave you with this verse....

Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, the new creation has come: The old has gone, the new is here! 2 Corinthians 5:17

No comments: