Sunday, December 7, 2008

Getting in the holly jolly spirit...









Our house is really starting to look like Christmas! We made our annual tree hunting escapade to Home Depot. The boys usually get inpatient with me as I have them pull out tree after tree looking for the perfect size and shape. It is not long before Taylor and Austin are pushing each other into piles of trees or playing a violent game of chase throughout the lot, knocking trees down as they go. After we have unwrapped at least a dozen trees I start getting the look from Jay and I realize that I've lost all three of them, and I have to make a decision fast! It really is a joyous tradition...I promise!


I have added a few photos to give you (and ME) some Christmas inspiration as I take a short break from decorating the mantle and tree. The first two are shots from my entry way, the first hall to get decked in the Quiet house. I will be posting more as I move from room to room later this week. The second two pics are taken from the current issue of Veranda showing Lisa Luby Ryan's dining room. I just LOVE all the shades of white, the collage of white ironstone plates on the wall, and of course, the shell flower pots used for the centerpieces!

No comments: