Something sweet for someone sweet...
I am going to surprise my valentines (husband and two sons) with a candlelight dinner tonight. Here is the menu which is made up some of their favorites:
- Fresh ciabatta bread and olive oil (for Austin)
- Mixed greens salad with strawberries, pine nuts and feta cheese (for Taylor & me!)
- Fettuccine Alfredo with grilled chicken (for Austin and Taylor)
- Chocolate Cheesecake (family recipe) with fresh whipped cream & strawberries (for Jay)
- Riesling and sparkling cider
This decadent cake will be the sure way to win Jaybird's heart!
1 - 6 oz. pkg. Nestle’s Semi Sweet chocolate morsels
16 oz. cream cheese
1 cup sugar
1 ½ tsp. cocoa
1 tsp vanilla
8 oz sour cream
Melt chocolate in top of double boiler over warm water.
Beat softened cream cheese in large bowl until fluffy and smooth.
Gradually beat in sugar, then eggs one at a time.
Add melted chocolate cocoa and vanilla.
Stir in sour cream and pour into chilled crusts,
Bake at 350 oven for about 50 minutes.
Cakes will puff during baking and crack open and then sink when removed from oven.
Cool to room temp and then refrigerate at least 5 hours.
Can be frozen.
Top with sweetened or chocolate whipped cream.
This will fill two of the ready made chocolate cookie crusts or make your own.